posted Mar 3, 2016, 6:52 AM by Thomas Davis
The Ultimate Guide to Google Sites for Schools
Great instruction videos done by Eric Curts
Details...Google Sites is a great option for schools to design websites for classrooms, activities, sports, student projects, portfolios, or entire districts
- All web-based - edit from any device with Internet access.
- Easy but powerful - Quickly set up a basic website, or design a very complex site.
- Google integration - insert docs, forms, presentations, spreadsheets, images, videos, maps, and more.
- Multiple sites - create as many sites as you wish.
- Storage - 100GB for your domain. However you can also link in files from Drive and other services to avoid reaching this limit.
- Public or private - make certain pages public or private, and choose who is allowed to see the private pages. Great for content that should only be accessed by staff or specific students.
- Collaboration - Share edit rights with others, so other people can help edit and add to the site. Can be done on a per-page level to share edit rights with just certain people and for just certain pages on your site.